This course is structured to help childcare staff meet their legal obligations in the various areas of health and safety. Delegates will be provided with an awareness of key health and safety issues, laws and regulations.
Due to course regulations, we can only accept a maximum of 25 delegates per course.
The practitioner will understand how to deal with a range of issues including:
- Identify health and safety hazards and risks in a childcare setting.
- Describe how to carry out a risk assessment.
- List potential dangers to children and how to prevent them.
- Explain legislation relating to health and safety at work.
- Describe how to keep and maintain a safe, secure, and sustainable environment for children and employees in a childcare setting.
- Be able to describe spinal anatomy.
- Explain how to put bio mechanics into effect when moving and handling children.
- Demonstrate how to carry out a risk assessment for moving and handling.
- Explain moving and handling legislation (MHOR, amended 2002).
- Explain moving and handling techniques when working with children and babies.
- Link with DHSSPS Minimum Standards for Children Under Age 12.
||No Upcoming Events. Please contact us if you are interested in taking this course.