Sports First Aid Course
This nationally recognised course is suitable for all sport first responders including physiotherapists, lifeguards, referees, spectators and players. It aims to improve the quality of basic first aid provided in the sporting environment, and will consist of practicals, lectures and written and practical assessments.
1. Duration: 2 full days
2. Suitable for: Physiotherapists, coaches, those who supervise or take part in sporting events
3. Learning outcomes:
- Role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Appropriate equipment for a sports first aider
- Understand and implement adult basic life support, including the role of the defibrillator
- Management of the unconscious, choking, heart attack and drowning casualties
- Dealing with common sporting injuries, including head, facial, spinal and limb injuries
- First aid response to common medical conditions in sport, including asthma, diabetes and allergies
On successful completion of this course, delegates will receive a certificate which is valid for 2 years.
||No Upcoming Events. Please contact us if you are interested in taking this course.