This one day course is aimed at Physiotherapists and Paramedics dealing with wounds in the field. The course covers lectures on the identification of minor and serious wounds as well as wound closure techniques. Also incorporated into the course are practical sessions in cleaning wounds and wound closure.
- Basic wound assessment techniques.
- Identification of serious and minor wounds.
- Identification of wounds appropriate for closure outside of a medical setting.
- Wounds requiring specialist treatment.
- Safety and Legal Issues.
- Selecting appropriate equipment for wound closure.
- Preparing and suturing simple cuts (Practical).
- Alternative wound closure techniques – stapling and gluing (Theoretical).
- Follow-up and referral procedures.
A certificate of attendance will be issued on completion of the course.
||No Upcoming Events. Please contact us if you are interested in taking this course.