This workshop helps students acquire the skills, knowledge and confidence required to write a strong and relevant personal statement for Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science
This practical session focuses on identifying strengths and achievements, using an appropriate structure.
Students are given some invaluable hints and tips about structure, style and content of medical, dental and veterinary personal statements. Delegates will also be given tailored and honest feedback in order to make the best application.
- Introduction to Personal Statements for Medical & Dental School
- Effective Personal Statements:
Read the full course description
- Why you want to study medicine/dentistry/Veterinary science and why you are applying at this stage – your commitment to your chosen field, factors influencing your choice
- Describe your work/voluntary experience and what you learned – reflect on your working experiences and what you learned from them that’s relevant for your chosen field
- Describe other relevant life/work experiences – if they have bearing on your application e.g. developed relevant skills
- Other interests– include any extra curricular activities that show that you are a rounded individual
- Conclusion - should summarise the statement