Upon completion, the trainee will be aware of/knowledgeable in their role and responsibilities as a childcare worker within the child protection framework. This course will meet the current (at time of delivery) legislative requirements.
The trainee will understand how to deal with a range of safeguarding issues including:
- An understanding of their role and responsibilities as a childcare worker within the child protection framework.
- An awareness of the signs and symptoms of the potential abuse and/or neglect and the potential impact on children (including scenarios).
- Knowledge of how to manage concerns.
- Knowledge of how to protect themselves.
- Information on confidentiality data protection, and the appropriateness of sharing information in relation to a child protection concern.
- A review of all child protection policies and procedures.
- Reporting structures.
- Barriers to reporting.
- Values and how they impact on reporting.
- Effective and ethical record keeping.
- An understanding of the vulnerability of children with special needs.
- Understanding the role of the Designated Child Protection Officer.
This course will run over the course of 2 evenings and upon completion delegates will receive a certificate of completion.